Stud to block corner join?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As part of a bathroom/toilet merge I will be butting a stud wall at 90 degrees to the existing plastered corner of block wall. My question is should I lap the plasterboard over the plastered end of the wall (as photo), or butt joint it against the plaster the old door frame was (i.e slide the board in the photo 4in away from the camera and let it drop back).

//media.diynot.com/20000_19307_59329_63013601_thumb.jpg

As per photo seems to make sense to me - not sure how you would bead it though (the corner is not exposed as such as that's a banister post you can see at the bottom of the photo). Will it just be a case of the plasterer beading as normal and then feathering out the skim on the block wall on the right?

Other question is how I would bond the plasterboard the the 4in strip of emulsioned plaster it's overlapping?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back