Repairing integral garage ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a part-integral single garage with a bathroom above it. The house is fully decorated now so I want to finish off the garage. A new bathroom was installed so the garage ceiling has several small and large holes in the double-layer plasterboard. This is due to old bathroom water and waste pipes being removed and new ones being installed. There is a fair amount of pipework going across the ceiling to supply water to the bathroom above and removed waste.

So, what's the best way of repairing the ceiling? Should I just get a decorator to patch up and fill the holes? Should I make a few more holes, fill the voids with rockwool insulation and then patch up all the holes? Should I just overboard with 9mm plasterboard?

Would adding insulation have any effect on the temperature in the bathroom above or the garage?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back