Repairing leaky roof damage on masonry/concrete (garage)

Discussion in 'Roofing and Guttering' started by kreutz, 28 Nov 2021.

1. kreutz

kreutz

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I am looking to buy a garage and found one that was unused for 10-15 years and is in poor condition overall (the price reflects that). It has a concrete roof that is covered with bitumen, while the front is made out of bricks. The bitumen is likely damaged as I can see a significant leak on the ceiling from the inside. The front seems to have a gutter missing and the bricks are very damp with rain water running directly on them. Attached pictures are taken during a very strong rain so the problem doesn't get more visible than this.

The question I have is: how much work would I need to put in to fix this and is it fixable at all? If I just hire someone to install a gutter and change the bitumen, would the concrete and the bricks just dry by themselves (or with a help of some device)? Is there a chance that this is unfixable (structurally-damaged) at all?

Many thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. northernchappy

northernchappy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Re: bitumen, the surface needs to be dry when doing wood roof so I reckon that would pay to concrete.
    There was a product that goes on even damp surfaces with glass fibre resin in, can't remember what it's called , spread across the roof, not rubber but glass fibre

• Like Like x 1