repairing skirting and walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Great site, think it will really help me when I move into my first house in the next few weeks !!

Ok so before I move into my new house I have a job to do in my current and rented house and i dont know how to start doing it as i really dont know one end of a paint brush from another. Here goes

I have a house rabbit and although he is extremely well behaved I have been unable to stop him from chewing things once or twice. He has made several teeth marks in skirting boards, the wooden bit that is at the bottom of my patio doors and also on the actual wall (where there is a protruding edge), The wall has no wall paper and is just painted.

So my question is how do I go about removing all evidence of little teeth ? Im pretty sure the skirting boards just need touching up with perhaps a little tester pot. But do I need to sand this area down before ?

The walls I have no clue, it appears to be gnawed right down but again just in a small area

And the wood under the patio doors, i think he has just removed varnish from that but again do i sand this down before reapplying varnish ?

Sorry for all the questions, hope someone can help.

Many thanks
Helen

Sponsored Links
First thing I would do is take a small pair of pliers...hold the rabitt down...open its mouth....and pull those teeth out!

I have just had a look in my painting and decorating manual...in the section 'rabbits teeth problems' I have found your answer..

"Lightly sand the damaged area and re apply paint"

...only problem for you is tester pots are all emulsions as far as i know...and the skirting isnt likely to be painted with that...so youl need some oil based gloss or satin.

You may need to fill the walls with polyfilla first before you touch them up

How did the rabbit remove the varnish from the bottom of the patio doors?....did he use a blow lamp or paint stripper??

Clever rabbit you have there...

Just lightly sand the varnish in the same direction as the wood varnish it...rub it down again and re varnish...make sure you varnish the whole section though...that should do the trick

thanks for that

I will do something about it before i move out

You can hardly notice the damage really. especially under the patio doors, and yes he has got a little blow torch and goggles !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back