Repairing small holes in Plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I had to cut a couple of small..fist sized holes in a plaster boarded ceiling to get to some electrical connections. They are actually in the apex of a bathroom in a loft area conversion. Is there something I can get to fit inside the hole to provide a solid surface to plaster or fill against? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just cut a peice of plasterboard as wide as the hole one way and a bit longer the other. Make a couple of holes in lt to pass string through or put a screw in the middle.

Put a good dollop of building adhesive on both ends, pass it up through the hole and pull down with the string of screw, leave it to set.

Remove the string/screw and fill. You can cut a bit of plaster board to fit in the recess (another blob of adhesive) and skim with filler.

Regards,
footprints

S'what ive been doing in my house!

I find you can do the lot in easyfill, which if its a year old, goes off in minutes!!

Daniel

Sponsored Links
SIMPLE: cut a small piece of timber batten long enough to 'bridge' the hole, pass it through the hole, and lay it ontop of the plasterboard, hold it whilst you screw up into the wood through the plasterboard from below. Now you have a nice wooden batten to screw a fist-sized chunk of plasterboard to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back