Repairing spalled concrete walls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

This is my first post and hopefully it's in the right place.

I have recently purchased a house which has a separate garage which is made up of sectional concrete walls and corrugated asbestos roof. My orignal plan was to knock the garage down and build an outside off in it's place but costs of repair in the house are spiralling so that will have to wait for now. The garage is about 40 years old and it has spalling (sp?) all over and in loads of places the metal has blown through the concrete but it's bone dry inside and a decent size.

What i intend to do now is baton the walls and put up OSB on the inside to tidy it up a little and use it for storage. I would like to try repair the concrete first though. I know it's never going to be completely repaired but it's stood for 40 years and isn't going anywhere soon so it would be good to try repair the outside and get it to a reasonable state.

Searching online I can find loads of concrete repair mortar or epoxy but they all seem to be for floors. Can these be used on walls?

If I can repair the outside I will then paint in the spring as it's a bit cold war looking at the moment in 60's grey concrete.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back