Repairing wall ahead of tiling advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning

Have read lots of posts but can't find one that's exactly my situation. Essentially in my en-suite where we are replacing the shower cubicle 2 of the 3 walls are blockwork rendered then skimmed and one wal is plasterboard.

When getting the tiles off the backing thistle plaster has come off in a few localised areas where it has blown. And the plasterboard was also damaged.

I was thinking patch with thistle bond cost then skim with multi finish on those two walls then on the plasterboard wall take the board off and replace with a backer board. What's your thoughts? Seen some people suggest taking it back to blockwork then backer board but that seems excessive and more expensive!

Thanks,

Rob

Sponsored Links
Rob, why not post pics.
search the plastering and tiling forums for loads of info on exactly what you ask.

Your idea sound fine though no need to put a finish skim on if you are tileing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back