replace a siphon with a close coupled

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can I buy the parts to fit an existing cistern or do I need to purchase an assembled cistern?
Any advice appreciated

:?:

Sponsored Links
That might even be the wrong question!!!!
The mechanism inside the existing cistern is almost solid with limescale and it takes several goes to flush so I want to replace the internals .......

If it's a syphon more likely the diaphragms split if it takes a few good hard pulls to flush.

Sponsored Links
If all else fails RTFM - I have a close coupled system with a Siphon, ballcock and flap valve - all nicely coated with crust.

I would like to replace it with "modern , efficient" alternative.

Fitting a flat push button might be problematic as the current handle sits on a curve of the cistern casing.

That's better .........

hmmm , the diagram I have shows a siphon and inside are a "flap valve" that sits on top of perforated plate - perhaps the description of the parts is wrong

Your talking about this ?
Thats the syphon diaphragm.

55512_m.jpg

is this just a like for like replacement or do I need additional bits?
Handle connects to the chain link?

is it worth installing a fluidmaster 400 uk bottom inlet float valve as well?
I mean - it's only a tenner........

there's Klingons on the starboard bow too - the securing bolts are all rusted as well so I may as well just go for it and do a proper job - many thanks for the links to the new kit !!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back