Replace British Gas BGMVSP-2 Actuator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Please could anyone be kind enough to confirm that this is the correct bit of kit needed to replace a faulty BGMVSP-2 Actuator - as it says so in the link (I found this just by googling replace BGMVSP-2).

http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk/acl-drayton-invensys-za5-actuator-p-111.html

My plumber was here this morning and called his supplier to ask for a BGMVSP-2, but apparently this supplier has tried before and 'couldn't get one for love nor money'. Has he not discovered the wonder of the internet and google? My search took me 5 seconds, or am I oversimplifying and presuming wrongly that the Drayton ZA5 will do.

My plumber has suggested I try British Gas directly and see if they have the replacement blue box, as this can just be clipped on instead of the dud one, and will be cheaper than having to replace the whole valve, pipework etc.

Perhaps the Drayton one will work once in, but would require the bigger job to fit as you couldn't just clip it on...?

Sorry if this is blindlingly obvious! I'm not familiar with these things.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Exactly the same power head only different colour. just clip the new one on and wire like for like.

thanks for the rapid response - to clarify, the Drayton ZA5 will clip onto where the dud BGMVSP-2 is taken off?

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much. I ordered it and my plumber returned and fitted it without problem. He was quite impressed a novice like me had found a replacement and even called his supplier to tell him too.
So thanks very much to you for the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back