Replace Concealed Shower Control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have moved into a house with a dated bathroom. The final job of the update is to replace the existing concealed unit with a new chrome furniture.

The existing shower is a Mira Excel with dated cream/yellow plastic trim and matching 80's shower head.

I know i can get a modern head fitting to join the existing wall outlet but have never changed the core controle unit before.

If I remove the Mira plastic control to expose the shower valve will I just be able to buy a generic (ebay) new control plate such as the one listed below, without messing arround with the internal components???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200976432657?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply, this is what I feared.

So you think I will need to install a new valve to suit the new coverplate and lever?

I think I should be able to do this but was hoping to avoid the extra work.

Any tricks or advice before I begin?

If you're referring to the link in your first post then that is a complete valve assembly.

Why not just replace the visible bits to your existing valve? - a lot simpler than replacing in entire mechanism

Sponsored Links
If you're referring to the link in your first post then that is a complete valve assembly.

Why not just replace the visible bits to your existing valve? - a lot simpler than replacing in entire mechanism

This is what I was hoping to do, if I find a front plate and lever will it be compattible with my my existing valve. Would prefer not to tamper with the internal plumbing if possible.

I was only wanting to install a quare chrome fitting to make it look better. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back