Sand blasting kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apple is not the best really why what do you have to back this up ..do you work for Microsoft

What do you have to back up your statement that they are the best? Oh, that's right, your opinion.

No, I don't work for Microsoft. I wouldn't work for either company.

Sponsored Links
Apple is not the best really why what do you have to back this up ..do you work for Microsoft

What do you have to back up your statement that they are the best? Oh, that's right, your opinion.

As of August 2012, Apple has 393 retail stores in fourteen countries[17] as well as the online Apple Store and iTunes Store.[18] It is the largest publicly-traded corporation in the world by market capitalization, with an estimated value of US$626 billion as of September 2012.[19][20] The Apple market cap is larger than that of Google and Microsoft combined.[21][22] As of September 24, 2011, the company had 60,400 permanent full-time employees and 2,900 temporary full-time employees worldwide;[23] its worldwide annual revenue in 2010 totaled $65 billion, growing to $156 billion in 2012.[3] numbers talk for there selfs FACT so where are your facts

As of August 2012, Apple has 393 retail stores in fourteen countries[17] as well as the online Apple Store and iTunes Store.[18] It is the largest publicly-traded corporation in the world by market capitalization, with an estimated value of US$626 billion as of September 2012.[19][20] The Apple market cap is larger than that of Google and Microsoft combined.[21][22] As of September 24, 2011, the company had 60,400 permanent full-time employees and 2,900 temporary full-time employees worldwide;[23] its worldwide annual revenue in 2010 totaled $65 billion, growing to $156 billion in 2012.[3] numbers talk for there selfs FACT so where are your facts

And Argos sell lots of cheap, crap drills, your point?

there is nothing wrong with chinese product if the quality control the materials and the manufacture methods are closely controlled
a factory with identical input will give identical output regardless of where it is

i do off course agree with job and knock the quality control in general is cheap knock off one or two use quality :LOL:

Sponsored Links

And Argos sell lots of cheap, crap drills, your point?
right it show that what I said is fact and what you said is your opinion .....any way it was to show that stuff from china is not always tat ... I have shown my evidence where is yours :rolleyes:

right it show that what I said is fact and what you said is your opinion

Your facts are that Apple is a large company with popular products. I don't argue that, they are big, and growing.

Your opinion is that Apple products are, and I quote, "by far the best". This is an opinion. My opinion, which I've formed from years of using and understanding computers, is that Apple products are far, far overhyped by people trying to justify the amount of money they spend on them.

.....any way it was to show that stuff from china is not always tat

And it does nothing of the sort. All you showed was numbers saying Apple make a lot of money. That has nothing to do with the quality of products out of China.

right it show that what I said is fact and what you said is your opinion

Your facts are that Apple is a large company with popular products. I don't argue that, they are big, and growing.

Your opinion is that Apple products are, and I quote, "by far the best". This is an opinion. My opinion, which I've formed from years of using and understanding computers, is that Apple products are far, far overhyped by people trying to justify the amount of money they spend on them.

.....any way it was to show that stuff from china is not always tat

And it does nothing of the sort. All you showed was numbers saying Apple make a lot of money. That has nothing to do with the quality of products out of China.
. Well look at that… it’s another consumer survey showing that Apple (AAPL) customers are the most satisfied by a significant margin. The American Consumer Satisfaction Index has released its latest survey of personal computer users and has found that Apple customers are more satisfied than any other PC customers, as they rated their experience with Apple computers at an 86 on a 100-point scale. For perspective, consider that Dell (DELL) was the only other PC manufacturer to even score above 80 in the survey as HP (HPQ), Acer and Toshiba (TOSBF) all scored 79 or below.
.."........talks for its self

See above comment about people trying to justify the money they spent.

Also, Apple still have a puny market share for computers. It's the iPhone and iPad which make them all their money.

I'm sure you're very happy with your iPad. It was very expensive, so it must be good.

See above comment about people trying to justify the money they spent.

Also, Apple still have a puny market share for computers. It's the iPhone and iPad which make them all their money.

I'm sure you're very happy with your iPad. It was very expensive, so it must be good.
may be the point is you can't afford apple and that why your bitter .... If one buys a cheap drill or pays more for a makita what is best ....makita of corse so you get what you pay for my iPad and mac are by far the best I have ever used and the statistic I have shown ..show the majority think the same ..so you stick with your cheap pc with windows and have fun ..me I will stick with apple and be satisfied ....I bet you drive a Kia aswell lol :LOL:

may be the point is you can't afford apple and that why your bitter ....

I have quite a bit of Apple hardware, some of it rare and expensive. Nearly all of it from before they started losing their way and building midrange PCs with a fancy silver shell.

so you stick with your cheap pc with windows and have fun

I don't use Windows. And my PC is not cheap, most of them have better hardware than your Mac. But no! I paid less for them, this cannot be, Apple surely couldn't have a 200% markup on cheap parts.

Oh. Wait. They do.
http://store.apple.com/uk/configure/MD772B/A
http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/partspecs.aspx?IMODULE=CT8G3ERSLS41339

Spot the difference. Also spot the Mac with several generation old hardware at hugely inflated prices, it's hard to miss.

E: Oh, they also want £210 for a 2TB HDD with a one year warranty. But wait, what's this? It's only £130 with a five year warranty?

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2tb-wd-wd2002faex-caviar-black-sata-6gb-s-7200rpm-64mb-cache-oem

Shock. Horror. I'm sure their parts are much better, as they cost more even though they carry the same part numbers from the same factories! :rolleyes:

And I see they still don't even offer a Blu-ray drive, but they do charge £80 for a DVD writer. I'm sure the ones I buy from the same factory for <£20 are far inferior.

And the Xeon X5675 they want £1390 a piece for OVER the price of the basic CPU? Not as much of a markup until you realise that's on top of the cost of the basic X5672.

So, I'm sure you think the hardware in your Mac is wonderful, but it's exactly the same as you can buy anywhere else. Except it's up to four times the price.

....I bet you drive a Kia aswell lol :LOL:

Nope.

Dino is convinced his apple made in china is the best thus the cheap tat compressors he's linking too must be the best also.
Have seen nothing yet that I would let the bargepole touch apart from the Sealey and IR that I linked too.

Er chaps, can you get back onto the discussion about the bead blasting?
It was much more interesting :)

so you stick with your cheap pc with windows and have fun ..
Or you get sense and go to a version of Unix/Linux when your own home-gown operating system proves itself to be bloated and so unreliable that it's losing you corporate customers? Oh, wait, Apple already did that...... :LOL:

To me Apple is very reminiscent of Bang & Olufsen - nobody in their right mind could ever accuse B&O of being the best quality, best sound, etc. They are good, very good, but cost a mint and they look fantastic! That turns buying a B&O into a style statement - just like buying an Apple. BTW I have a B&O and I get panned quite a bit over that choice by my audiophile mates - but I'd never try to defend my choice it on quality/performance lines....... just on the looks :rolleyes:

On the subject of compressors maybe the OP should go and talk to an air compressor supplier? In this part of the world there are a number of them. The advice they give seems to be along the lines of "if you need a reciprocating compressor then a cast-iron compressor lasts longer than an alloy one, a multi-stage compressor is more reliable than a single stage one, a slow motor with a belt drive s better than a fast motor attached directly to the compressor and that a British one is better than an Italian one which is way better than a Chinese one". All that remains for me to say is that if I were spraying I wouldn't go compressedair at all - I'd look into LPHV (low pressuire, high volume - or should that be HVLP?)

HVLP is High Velocity Low Pressure.
I have the JGHV Devilbiss (hvlp) kit which includes the pressure guage to set the 10psi mandatory nozzle pressure and pressure regulator to pressurise the cup.

Would need a thread on its own but briefly...

Google wrote

HVLP sprays different because of design.
A conventional gun uses a lot of air to break up the paint. 50 PSI inlet on a conventional gun gives you 50 PSI out at the cap.
That's a lot of power, but also a ton of overspray and wasted paint.

Depending on the brand you choose, an HVLP spray gun may require 18-50 PSI in to produce the mandated 10 PSI at the cap. Since the paint exiting the gun at 10 PSI will not carry as far as at 50 PSI, the gun must be closer to the painting surface.

The recommended 8"- 10" distance for most conventional guns guns should be 4"-6" for HVLP depending on the painter's technique.
Being closer to the surface also means you seem to move with a faster stroke to avoid runs. However, since more of your paint is hitting the surface your actual production time will be about the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back