IR thermometer

I'd definitely try a few out before buying one. I'd also sign on for one of the various training courses (I have no idea how good any of them are, mind you), you'll probably pick up some useful information (on what to buy as well as how to use it).

FLIR seems to be the name in the industry, though.

Sponsored Links
I think from what people are saying I will get the cheap one. It will probably do everything I'm going to use it for.
One other use I thought of is using it to find drafts around windows. Again doesnt have to be accurate though.

Thanks guys.

I got a load of stuff through from flir all the way from belgium the other day including a guide about emissivity and reflection. It's all still a bit daunting just at the moment, and unfortunately I don't know anyone who has one to speak to impartially or have a go with theirs.

PS sorry for hijacking your thread ads1 :oops:

No problem rf lighting.
Finding it quite interesting as the thermal cameras look interesting. If I could afford / warrent getting one I would. Seems very useful.

Sponsored Links
I think flir ( Forward-looking infra-red) is the company that has been the major military ( and probably now police ) supplier for a good number of years, so they probably have the technology but need to examine if they can adapt to supplying a completely different type of customer.

I'm not saying they can't, but it's not automatic to be able to make a successful transition.

I think flir ( Forward-looking infra-red) is the company that has been the major military ( and probably now police ) supplier for a good number of years, so they probably have the technology but need to examine if they can adapt to supplying a completely different type of customer.

I'm not saying they can't, but it's not automatic to be able to make a successful transition.

But they already are :confused:

http://tinyurl.com/cgskovc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back