Sand blasting kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a Wolf belt sander about 4 years ago, big 4 inch job, weighed a ton. I thought it would last forever but it did about 4 jobs and sparks flew out and the winding knackered. It certainly felt the part.
And how old was it, Joe? In the 1950s Wolf designed and made their own belt sanders. In the 1960s they started to import Makita from Japan and brand it ("Wolf Makita"), the 4in one was actually the Makita 9400 and Wolf stopped selling that when they merged with Kango in the early to mid 1980s (along with other Makita products like the planers). That means the tool you are complaining about was either 30+ years old, or a modern piece of tat made in China. Either way you have no cause for complaint

BTW my old Wolf was very secondhand when I bought it in the 1990s and did me more than 10 years before I retired it (in the dustbin). maybe soeone fished it out and sold it to you? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Cheap tools CAN be good.

Expensive tools CAN be bad.

But you can guarantee that you may as well bin ALL cheap tools when they fail.

Yes, I am a salesman. I dont deny it, my first job was actually on a building site, as a labourer so I am actually fully aware of the " hard work" done by builders.

Do some research before you start criticising others, I haven't personally insulted anyone on this forum and dont expect the same back.
I would not bother on this forum bud ..every time I have posted on here some moron has tried to start a argument ..I was a moderator on a fish forum some years ago and it was run so much better and not as half as many moron on there ..let hope there is some changes on this forum :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
It was pretty modern on special at Screwfix for £44. Cheap tat I guess.
Yes. I thought as much. The originals were pretty much unbustable and unlike many cheap Chinese tools (i.e. "tat") you can still get some of the parts for them (the important stuff which wears out) despite Makita stopping production about 20 years back. The nearest modern Makita to the old 9400 is the current 9403. Take a look at the price, though.

What Mr Marketing Man hasn't taken on board with his "armchair warriors" quip is that there are some trades on here who've been at it long enough, handled/used/broken their fair share of crap tools (and talked to the guys who fix the stuff) and heard enough marketing BS to last us the rest of our lives. If someone on here puts up a "duff" opinion on a tool there will always be a discussion about the validity of that opinion - unlike magazine reviews which I find leave out more than they put in (when they aren't just a warmed over press release) - and some sort of concensus will eventually be arrived at. Don't they call this the Wisdom of Crowds (if you don't know, look up Francis Galton)?

I would not bother on this forum bud ..every time I have posted on here some moron has tried to start a argument ..
Serves you right for mentionin the "i" word! :rolleyes: ;)

It was pretty modern on special at Screwfix for £44. Cheap tat I guess.
Yes. I thought as much. The originals were pretty much unbustable and unlike many cheap Chinese tools (i.e. "tat") you can still get some of the parts for them (the important stuff which wears out) despite Makita stopping production about 20 years back. The nearest modern Makita to the old 9400 is the current 9403. Take a look at the price, though.

What Mr Marketing Man hasn't taken on board with his "armchair warriors" quip is that there are some trades on here who've been at it long enough, handled/used/broken their fair share of crap tools (and talked to the guys who fix the stuff) and heard enough marketing BS to last us the rest of our lives. If someone on here puts up a "duff" opinion on a tool there will always be a discussion about the validity of that opinion - unlike magazine reviews which I find leave out more than they put in (when they aren't just a warmed over press release) - and some sort of concensus will eventually be arrived at. Don't they call this the Wisdom of Crowds (if you don't know, look up Francis Galton)?

I would not bother on this forum bud ..every time I have posted on here some moron has tried to start a argument ..
Serves you right for mentionin the "i" word! :rolleyes: ;)
well "I" still think "I" phones "I" pads "I" pods are the best and no one can beat them and as they are selling the most so do a lot of other people and if some people can't afford to buy them that's there hard luck should worked harder and not spent so much time on this forum

well "I" still think "I" phones "I" pads "I" pods are the best and no one can beat them and as they are selling the most so do a lot of other people and if some people can't afford to buy them that's there hard luck should worked harder and not spent so much time on this forum

And from this one post, everyone knows you are the moron.

And the question is, did you get your sand blasting sorted out in the end?

see my point is made a forum full of sad un helpfull people ..ps I would love to see if you had the guts to call me a moron to my face ..I think not ..so many hard men Hiden behind the home made pc's ..and for you to comment like that You have realised you are one of the morons I was talking about in my post earlier ..try helping people on this forum rather than trying to make arguments ..was it because your where bullied at school or some thing ..what a very sad man

yes thank you got a new person to do the blasting only £50 per rad and I am spraying them my self ..there coming along nice also done 3 fireplaces

see my point is made a forum full of sad un helpfull people[

I can be plenty helpful.

..ps I would love to see if you had the guts to call me a moron to my face ..I think not ..

Come on down here and I will.

so many hard men Hiden behind the home made pc's ..

Ah, so it's because I build my own PC that I'm a 'hard man' who's 'Hiden' behind it?

and for you to comment like that You have realised you are one of the morons I was talking about in my post earlier ..

Oh, yes, I'm well aware that you consider me a moron because I know my way around a computer other than a Mac, and that the only reason I don't use an iDevice is because I can't afford it (it's actually because they don't meet my needs. As I said before, I have several Apple machines (none of which run an Apple OS), among other non-PCs, which I've spent a great deal of money on).

try helping people on this forum rather than trying to make arguments ..

I do help plenty of people and I have the thanks to prove it. I don't, however, just let people sit around and spout ignorance as if it's gospel. Unless they're in a church, those places are built for that.

was it because your where bullied at school or some thing ..

Someone tried. Didn't work out well for him.

If you want to use a Mac, an iPhone, iPad, iPod, iWhatever because you like them, that's just fine with me. Just don't be so biased and ignorant as to proclaim them as the absolute best in every category, and don't start insulting people because they choose not to use them.

yes thank you got a new person to do the blasting only £50 per rad and I am spraying them my self ..there coming along nice also done 3 fireplaces

Glad you got it sorted.

see my point is made a forum full of sad un helpfull people[

I can be plenty helpful.

..ps I would love to see if you had the guts to call me a moron to my face ..I think not ..

Come on down here and I will.

so many hard men Hiden behind the home made pc's ..

Ah, so it's because I build my own PC that I'm a 'hard man' who's 'Hiden' behind it?

and for you to comment like that You have realised you are one of the morons I was talking about in my post earlier ..

Oh, yes, I'm well aware that you consider me a moron because I know my way around a computer other than a Mac, and that the only reason I don't use an iDevice is because I can't afford it (it's actually because they don't meet my needs. As I said before, I have several Apple machines (none of which run an Apple OS), among other non-PCs, which I've spent a great deal of money on).

try helping people on this forum rather than trying to make arguments ..

I do help plenty of people and I have the thanks to prove it. I don't, however, just let people sit around and spout ignorance as if it's gospel. Unless they're in a church, those places are built for that.

was it because your where bullied at school or some thing ..

Someone tried. Didn't work out well for him.

If you want to use a Mac, an iPhone, iPad, iPod, iWhatever because you like them, that's just fine with me. Just don't be so biased and ignorant as to proclaim them as the absolute best in every category, and don't start insulting people because they choose not to use them.

Glad you got it sorted.
you come to Essex and see who I am then see how you feel ..don't bit off more than you can chew we will leave it at that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back