Replace Corrugated Garage roof by overlaying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone. My garage is at the end of a block of seven. The roofs are all corrugated cement board (not asbestos). The roof leaks, and no matter what I do I cannot get it watertight. I was considering overlaying my section of the roof with marine ply and then a "heavy" felt, re-using the existing lead flashing where the roof meets the wall. At the other side, where it extends to the next garage, I thought about dropping a fillet of ply (with felt) into the next "valley" and siliconing or using bitumen to act as a seal. Opinions, both negative and positive gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
You will need to fit a timber in the trough of the deck to enable you to fix the deck. Stop your deck on the party wall, dress lead across 2 troughs of the adjacent, or Ubiflex if the lead may get stolen. Felt up and onto lead/Ubiflex.

Sponsored Links
Thank you, Elastomeric for your input. It was how to finish off at the party wall that was causing me some head-scratching! Thanks also to Woody. One of the existing supports is rotten as a pear, so I was going to replace that before starting anything else. I might add a couple of extra joists just to be sure! It's a job I don't want to do again, ever!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back