Replace Drayton LP711 with Nest

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a baxi duotec 28. Drayton LP711 is wired in and I want to swap in the Nest.

N+L and 1(COM)+3(ON) is wired on the LP711. Along with a link to the Honeywell controller.

So on the Nest wire N+L the same

Disconnect the Honeywell controller by removing the link between the blue+grey cable. Disconnect the brown cable from 3(ON) on the LP711.

Then wire the black cable 1(COM) from the LP711 to 2(COM) on the Nest. And the grey cable which was in the link to 3(CHF) on the Nest?

Attachments

• wiring.jpg
    wiring.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Which Honeywell controller? Best posting photos of wiring

Honeywell t3630, picture of wiring attached

Attachments

• IMG_6235-2.jpg
    IMG_6235-2.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 125
Ok, so you could position the Nest thermostat in place of the Honeywell using the 2 wires there already, and where these are at the LP711, connect to T1 and T2. Then you put the heatlink where the LP711 is and wire that accordingly, so L - L, N - N, Com and NO

Sponsored Links
Ok, so you could position the Nest thermostat in place of the Honeywell using the 2 wires there already, and where these are at the LP711, connect to T1 and T2. Then you put the heatlink where the LP711 is and wire that accordingly, so L - L, N - N, Com and NO

Tried that albeit, without the Nest thermostat being linked using the existing Honeywell wirings from T1+2 on both ends. I have the Heatlink wired L-L, N-N, COM-COM, ON-ON. Turning thermostat on the boiler pump starts going, radiator symbol flashes, but it doesn't fire to heat. Fires to heat just fine for hot water.

Update: It is working, I was just being impatient waiting for it to fireup. Left it for a good 15 mins and came back.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back