Replace flash immermat timer with something decent! Help.

I’m not sure what to suggest then. How new is the build? Anyway of researching the building regs and asking the builder to put it right?

Sponsored Links
It's two years new, and I don't think there is anything "wrong" to put right, just not the best system. Anyway, can anyone help on the suggested wiring please.

Not without knowing which immermat you have, if you have a multimeter the immermat will have a live and neutral which will always be present as it powers the motor , another two switching wires that are connected to the boiler and tell it when to come on and off, cant tell you which is which by your pic, post a pic of the front of the immermat and see if it has any model name or number anywhere

Sponsored Links
20190609_163517(1).jpg

PS: The boiler has been serviced twice by two different companies and they didn'f flag any concerns.

sorry , I cant help you, I could use that control for your heating, but it is not what it is designed to do so, I dont know what they have done to use it to control the Gas Boiler

It's not possible to replace the mechanical timer for a digital or RF equivalent?

it is possible but you cant use the same wiring, you can use the same wires but you will have to rewire your set up

Is the black a switch live?

Would it be possible to use a Thermostat such as a Siemens rdj100? I believe a link can go from live to common if I’m correct? and then just use the single output so to speak?

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back