replace garage roof

ih

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i intend to replace my old asbestos garage roof with new flat roof. My knowledge on roofing is poor. Need help advise on the spec that i can follow. the size is approx 6x3 metre.thanking in advance. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Does it need to be flat? Pitched roof is best.

use 225mm x 50mm c16 treated timber solid joists at 600mm centres for 3m span. solid blocking will be required at mid span or herring bone strutting.

thanks for the reply appreciate your advise on pitched roof but due to budget and adjoining garage flat roof is necessary.

If like mine, the asbestos sheets are fixed to sloping steel rafters, then simply over board these with ply/OSB, and felt with a good quality product.

Sponsored Links
use 225mm x 50mm c16 treated timber solid joists at 600mm centres for 3m span.

erm, my calculator says 150mm x 50mm for a 3m span. maybe at 400c/c but still better than 225mm x 50mm.

225mm will deal with up to 4.8m. at the right centres.:eek:

lol sorry i do the drawings at work and sometimes get told off the buyers when i over specify. the thing is if out doesnt work i get the blame, so i let them decide what to cut back on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back