Replace gears on Toyota Yaris: will parts still be available?

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I want to buy a Toyota Yaris stickshift, model 2023, but this model is not sold directly by the manufacturer to private consumers, in my country. We can only get it through a "0 kilometer" discount deal.
So what happens if 5-15 years from now, I need to repair or replace the gears? Will I be in trouble? Is this a generic, interchangeable part, or are gears model-specific?
Since only the automatic model is sold directly in my country, will this affect the availability of other replacement parts for this car, besides the gear?

Sponsored Links
Manual gearboxes are pretty robust these days. Apart from the clutch, most parts should be interchangeable.

What country are you in ?

never heard of a yaris gearbox needing to be replaced. Doesn't mean it won't be needed.

but more likely the clutch, and any associated parts like clutch cylinders and gear cables. If things like that can be found and imported quickly enough then it's just a time delay factor if anything is needed.

What country are you in ?

never heard of a yaris gearbox needing to be replaced. Doesn't mean it won't be needed.

but more likely the clutch, and any associated parts like clutch cylinders and gear cables. If things like that can be found and imported quickly enough then it's just a time delay factor if anything is needed.
I am in Israel.

Sponsored Links
No idea how easy it is to get any parts needed to there.

Could be a big issue if you get clutch or gear issues. Or just a pain you are prepared to accept

You’ll get all you need at transmissionparts.co.uk
What you may need are synchro hubs, bearings and oil seals - most unusual to need the gear pinions themselves.
Ebay gearboxes are likely to be available for years yet!
John

You'd have to be incredibly unlucky for a manual gearbox on a Toyota to fail within ithe cars normal lifespan. You're likely to need a clutch, and maybe a master and slave cylinder in the 5+ year period but I'm sure you could get these delivered without much trouble.

Back