Replace glass in wooden door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

This is my first post so I hope I'm posting this in the correct place.

I have a door that I would like to replace one of the glass panes. It is a wooden door and I've looked on google and searched for examples on how to do it. But these doors look completely different to the ones that i've seen and I dont want to lose the look of the mouldings. It needs to look like the other pieces when im done. I dont mind buying new molding but this is where I need help.

I would like to know what design/style these are and where I can find a matching type? And how do I go about removing these without damaging the door?

I have two photos that shows the design.

Thanks for everyones help.

Frank

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi

Thanks for your suggestion.

Would i just chisel around the edge of the glass and the front in the groove between the two beads? Should it get damaged, where would you suggest i look for a replacement?

Thanks again.

F

You would just have to try as many suppliers as you can find to see what their best match is, maybe someone on here will know what the profile is called.

Worst comes to worst you could get someone to custom make some based on a sample, if you have a router you may even be able to copy it yourself but I've never done that.

If you are careful you should be able to re-use even if it needs a bit of filler and tidying up after.

Thanks so much for everyone's help.

I will first try to carefully pry one of the beads off on the underside in case it gets damaged. Then ill be able to sass out what to do for the rest.

Thanks again for all replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back