Replace Honeywell with Tado

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, I am looking for some advice.

We want to replace the thermo stat with a Tado device. Don't need to control the water with Tado unless I have too.

Below are photos of my system.

I have Worcester Greenstar HE condensing boiler and a cylinder in the airing cupboard.

Do I just need to replace the Thermostat, or do I need to get the exertion kit and replace the timer?

Thanks.

IMG_2563.jpeg
IMG_2564.jpeg

IMG_2561.jpeg

IMG_2562.jpeg

Sponsored Links
If your going tado best to replace both the stat and the timer.

I'm not sure if the tado has a wall mounted charging base which can take advantage of the existing wires to the old stat

Ideally as @sxturbo stated, it would be better to change everything, especially considering the age of the existing programmer, but this can be quite complicated and a good electrical knowledge and skill are required. However; there is a wired version of the Tado room thermostat available and it has a relay that can replicate the switching function of your existing wired room thermostat.

Capture.JPG

The starter kit comes with an internet bridge that facilitates communication and is connected to your router. You can find the installation manual here.

The central heating switch at the programmer would need to be permanently left in the '24 hrs' position so as not to interfere with the operation of the Tado. The hot water control will remain as it is.

It appears that someone has used the uninsulated earth conductor as a live wire at the thermostat, which is very bad.

aa.JPG

Fortunately, as the Tado thermostat is battery operated, it only needs a two wire connection, which is good as it means you won't need to use the uninsulated wire. However, the connections at the other end of the cable would also need changing though to achieve this.

Sponsored Links
Are you replacing it so that you can use it via Wifi or are you just wanting something digital? If so, the Honeywell DT90E would work with just two wires.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back