Replace internal stack vent with AAV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a soil stack either side of my house, the drains run to the front of the house and both flow in to a man hole. The right hand sand has recently been refreshed, and is an external stack with a standard vent above the roof.

The left hand stack runs internally, and the vent runs through the loft and roof. Due to various reasons, I'd like to remove this vent, and fit an internal AAV just above the hand basin level upstairs.

As far as I can tell from building regs (an common sense), it should be fine as any gas pressure can escape via the vent on the right hand side of the house, and air can obviously enter via the AAV on the LHS stack. Do people agree with this statement?

Sponsored Links
Swapping to AAV has it's pros and cons and they don't last forever and can play up.
If both your toilets are on same pipe to realise air pressure then your fine. Or one out through roof and other on AAV then yes as you say. You're fine

Last edited:
Thanks! This gives me some more confidence. It will be a nightmare if I get it all done and smells start bubbling up through the sink!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back