Replace old pipes with upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would you guys recommend changing old pipework for new when upgrading my system?

I have a pressurized combi boiler and am having 6 new radiators added into a garage conversion/conservatory.

Upstairs is staying the same apart form radiator upgrades and dont know wether to change the old copper pipes for new ones (with great dispruption to bedrooms/floorboards!)

I am concerned as some are 10mm / 15mm

Sponsored Links
I don't see why. You have a pressurised system already so no dangers of bursting. I would ensure you get the system properly cleaned and i am not overly keen on 10mm but hey.....in these times why spend money when you don't have too.

Personally I would do the lot if I was staying in the property for many years. You will know you have a clean system and won't need to powerflush which will save you £400 or so.

I would go with 15 mm pipe too. :D

Sponsored Links
I concur. Changing boiler and rads is not a reason to change the pipework.

If you were lifting floorboards anyway, then perhaps, otherwise leave it all alone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back