Upgrading one pipe system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am looking to upgrade my old floor standing boiler to a baxi dua tech 28kw boiler. I have a one pipe system and the plumber sales guy has advised that i should upgrade to a 2 pipe system.
Is it a real problem just adding the boiler to the one pipe system?

I have been given a quote of £3,500 for the baxi dua tech 28Kw boiler, 9 radiators including all the pipework and removing the old system. Is this a good price????

Sponsored Links
It all depends on the quality of the system you get, it is about a medium price.
I personally don't rate the boiler much, but others do. I am not a great fan of 1 pipe systems, but it can be done if the current system is piped correctly.
Why are you throwing the old rads away?

It all depends on the quality of the system you get, it is about a medium price.
I personally don't rate the boiler much, but others do. I am not a great fan of 1 pipe systems, but it can be done if the current system is piped correctly.
Why are you throwing the old rads away?

I expect the plumber told him he couldn't have a one pipe system, and all the radiators will leak etc etc, when he makes it a sealed system. :LOL:

Baxi dua tech has been rated top for the last 2 years by which.
The sales guy said he could do a deal on a complete system which included new rads.

Can i not just put in the new boiler to the one pipe system
which seems to get really hot using the current boiler.
How much should i expect to pay for this if i went for a baxi or wb or vaillant?

Sponsored Links
How do i know the current system is piped correctly. It seems to work well at the moment.

WB CDI and vaillant are a couple of hundred quid more, work is the same.
Like I mentioned before, it all depends on the quality of the work. You can get a new boiler installed on your existing pipes and rads for about £700 supply and fit including vat. Not expected to survive very long though. We can't tell from behind a keyboard how good the chap is that you have chosen.
Which? magazine rating of boilers means less than nothing; it includes pointless things like efficiency (90.6 or 91.3%) and output in kW per pound spend or something like that.

duo tech is a good boiler, if a one pipe system it is likely to be 35 years old at least time to change it all.modern rads neater and more efficant also better controls ,stat valves .room stat will be fitted

I really can't afford the the additional cost of a 2 pipe system. I can just about stretch to the boiler, but dont want to just put a boiler in if it means the heating system isnt going to better than the floor standing system one I have now.

I really can't afford the the additional cost of a 2 pipe system. I can just about stretch to the boiler,

TBH

i would be stretching to getting the system cleaned as well

or your new boiler won't last long

nothing wrong with a one pipe system ;)

Hi Kev, I was looking to do a flush as well and possibly add a magna clean.

Is it good to also take off each rad and flush the inside out with a hose to make sure it is really clean?

I really can't afford the the additional cost of a 2 pipe system. I can just about stretch to the boiler...
Why do you want to replace a working boiler if you can't afford it?
Like I mentioned before, no point in changing the rads if they don't leak.
Rather pointless to do half a job, leaving out the part that is most needed. :!:

Well I am looking to upgrade the kitchen as well and the floor standing boiler is right in the middle of where the line of units would fit. trying to buid around it will make the kitchen look a bit up and down so thought better to upgrade the boiler. Also with everyone saying i can save between £200-300 a year on heathing costs with a combi I thought it would pay for itself in 3 years.

Ben are you saying keep the old rad but put in the two pipe system with a new boiler with a flush?

Also with everyone saying i can save between £200-300 a year on heathing costs with a combi I thought it would pay for itself in 3 years.

lol-045.gif

...Also with everyone saying i can save between £200-300 a year on heathing costs with a combi I thought it would pay for itself in 3 years.

Ben are you saying keep the old rad but put in the two pipe system with a new boiler with a flush?

Based on the new information of a £600 - £900 budget, my advice is: forget it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back