Replace Radiator or pipework?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a single panel radiator (1500x300) with fins on the rear in my conservatory - it's fed from 10mm OD microbore copper pipe from a modern conventional combi heating system with all new radiators supplied on 15mm copper.

I'm trying to get more heat into the conservatory (it's 3x3.5 and recently been re-glazed) - would fitting a double panel radiator be the best bet, or would I make better use of the existing radiator by increasing the pipework to 15mm like the rest of the house?

Sponsored Links
Well it does not meet Building Regulations!

You would need a very large radiator to even meake it warm when the weather is cold!

It is not designed for all year use so has inadequate insulation.

To get much heat you will need at least 15 mm pipes and those fed from 22 mm distribution !

Tony

I'm aware building regs could be an issue - would isolation valves on the radiator supply and return help, along with a thermostatic radiator valve?

I'm also aware there's a lot of conservatory haters out there, please bear with me, we don't all have the luxury of being able to build extensions or buy bigger houses when we need the space, I'm trying to make best use of the space I've got, which means improving the heating.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back