Replace radiator but no studwork behind - HELP!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I want to replace a small double rad in the bathroom with a 450x 1150 ish towel rail on a plaster boarded stud wall but there are no stud to attach new rads fixings

What do I do, can plasterboard (this will be tiled over soon) hold the radiator up ok?, which fittings will I need

Sponsored Links
If it is going to be tiled over soon then just cut away the plbrd, add studs as required for new rad and replace plbrd. Not much if any making good will be required as you'll never see it again :)

better still, cut out the plasterboard and replace with 12mm plywood... then tile over..

Sponsored Links
OMG cant believe I didnt think of that

They always say the simple plans are the best, cheers guys

I am also running a 1200 shower door across the room from wall to wall again these are stud and skimed p/board and I need to screw the sliding door frame into something - do I do the same again?

Im just a little worried about this one as Im tanking inside With a liquid membrain and presume more joins = great chance of leaks, I may have to get some more tape

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back