Boarding behind a shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of re-tiling my shower. So I've removed the old tiles and found the boards behind the tiles are damp, so I'll look to replace them. The partition that forms the shower wall are made up of plasterboard liners with a 'cardboard' like hexagonal lattice in the centre, what is this for, acoustic or thermal insulation??

The problem I've got is I need to remove the shower side board and the inner material but I need to leave the other face board in place as it forms the wall to the hall and adjacent bedroom.

Do i remove everything shower side, build a stud partition then screw the hall and bedroom boards to the new studwork?

I would then fix moisture resistant boards to the shower side, install the new tray, tank the enclosure with BAL tanking kit, tile and seal as normal.

What do you think? It would be a big deal to completely remove those boards into the hall and bedroom as they're not due for redecorating till next year!! Any suggestions welcome.

Sponsored Links
Do i remove everything shower side, build a stud partition then screw the hall and bedroom boards to the new studwork?

Why not :?:

What are your concerns :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back