Replace Randall 4033 with Hive, have I got the wiring right?

Sponsored Links
You ask if you have got the wiring right but not told us how you have done it!
Anyway this is how it should be.
L on 4033 to L on Hive
N to N
E to E
2 to 4
4 to 3
5 to 1 if there was a wire in 5
There probably won't be a wire in 3 on the 4033 you shouldn't need a wire in 2 on the Hive.
There was probably a link between 1 and L this can be discarded.
Could you have the CH on on it's own?
Or did you have to have the HW on for the CH to work?
If you also have an existing room thermostat this will need to be dealt with. Post back if you do for further instructions.

I managed to get the cover off the 4033 this morning and I think your pretty much spot on in terms of wiring.
There is a room thermostat so further instructions of how to deal with this would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The room stat will require by-passing the best way to do this is to disconnect it from the wiring center and link the wires it was connected to.
The wiring center should be where the pump and motorised valve are connected if you post a picture of the connections I should be able to tell you which wires need disconnecting and linking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back