replacing a Randall 4033 with a sunvic 207

Sponsored Links
so on your new programmer if you put

L, N
2 from old unit into 4 of new unit
4 " 3 "

what about 1 and 2 on my new unit. These are the HW OFF and CH OFF? My old unit had CH OFF connected to port 3 on the 4033. can you list each connection from my old and where it should go on my new unit? Sorry if this is a big ask!!
Do i not need to connect a DHW OFF into my new unit as my old unit did not have one?

Sponsored Links
i suppose the cylinder stat turns HW off when it is up to temp and back on again if HW temp drops again as long as the timer still displays the time set for the HW to be ON.

Also what about 1 on my old programmer? It was simply linked to 6 (live)?

if you had n0 3 going to the cyl stat
where did n0 4 go dhw on ?

can't see why they had your cyl stat coming from n0 3 htg off

just double checked wiring. No 3 goes to the motorised valve! Sorry for messing you around. Lots of wires in lots of junction blocks!!

white
also has a red wire in same connector block terminal. This then disapears into the wall. The red wire has a small sticker on it with the number 8 on it.

I'm glad were getting somewhere! It drives me mad when thinks turn out more complicated than first thought!! Let me know if you figure out the wiring for the new programmer.

you say when your heatings on hw is also on.
then the hw won't be controlled by the cylinder stat
as the mot valve is on the heating side.

the danfoss randall 4033 has switches for both the CH and HW: you can select ON, TIMED or OFF for both.
I think that it is gravity fed hot water, not allowing the CH without the HW but can provide HW without CH. I think this is what the valve sorts out?

The danfoss randall 4033 only has one mechanical timer with two on off's. You can not select different times for CH and HW.
A bit basic really, hence the need to change it!

but the valve is on the heating side isn't it ?
need to know what other wires are in n0 8 in the block connector.

it is attached to the pipe leading to the microbore manifold for the Rads so i assume this means that it is on the htg side! My diagram earlier showed the set-up.

*HW cylinder 'T'eed between motorised valve and pump

manifold with pipe--- to--- motorised valve---*---pump---into roof

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back