replacing a Randall 4033 with a sunvic 207

its this n0 3 wire that don't tally joining the white.
and the red wire to n0 8 connector

Sponsored Links
regarding No 8
Only the WHITE motorised valve and a RED wire (as mentioned earlier) link into this terminal on the block connector.

Not sure if this will help, but the RED wire comes from a 2-core grey cable with the other core being Black and going into terminal 9 in the block connector.

i thought you said n0 3 also joins the white ?

white
also has a red wire in same connector block terminal. This then disapears into the wall. The red wire has a small sticker on it with the number 8 on it.

yes the No 3 (HGT OFF) in my existing programmer goes into the terminal block, connects to white and also has a red wire in it!

Sponsored Links
No, it goes into the wall. I asume it goes to the boiler, or room stat?
ah ha it could go to the room stat as this would then give the signal to close the valve when desired temp has been reached. The room stat is a dial and has a red and black wire feeding into it, also a single core wire. The other end of this single core wire comes into airing cupboard and connects into No 9 on the block connector.

Important!
Amended statement from earlier. About the Black cable (which pairs with this RED core)
'Not sure if this will help, but the RED wire comes from a 2-core grey cable with the other core being Black in a connector block linked to the wire connecting into HTG ON in existing programmer.'

ah ha it could go to the room stat as this would then give the signal to close the valve when desired temp has been reached.
the room stat is useally on the brown wire and the valve will close when you take power of the brown.
and you wouldn't feed a room stat power when the htg's off.

The room stat is a dial and has a red and black wire feeding into it, also a single core wire. The other end of this single core wire comes into airing cupboard and connects into No 9 on the block connector.

if it connects to 9 that is where the black wire is in n0 9.

my heads now going round in circles.

now the black go's somewhere else
monkey_photo.gif

if i was you i would do a diagram of the wires and no's they join to
and the colours etc from the valve then we can go from there.

as i've changed this diagram so many times i'm getting lost.

sorry.
The wires are difficult to trace in parts and i have had to prize some apart to see where they are linked to. All statements made so far are correct and ammended as mentioned earlier.
SORRY!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back