Replacing a Randall 4033 with a homexpert THR872CUK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can anyone help? I have a Randall 4033 timer which is now broken (clock not moving). Can I replace it with a homexpert THR872CUK? My thermostat isnt great either hence the need for a new thermostat too.

I have the randall wiring diagram and the meanings from this site:-
1 DHW COM (ignore)
2 heating on
3 heating off
4 water on
5 water off
6 L
7 N
Earth
//media.diynot.com/211000_210509_68476_29261346_thumb.jpg
//media.diynot.com/211000_210509_68477_76125100_thumb.jpg
The homepert diagram just shows A B and C. Can anyone tell me what goes where or is there no direct replacement?

Sponsored Links
The Randall is a programmer to control hw and ch. The Homexpert is just a wireless stat that controls only ch. You need to give more details about your current setup, eg. boiler, motorised valves, if you have a hw cylinder, etc.

If you need a 2 channel programmer to control hw and ch timings, plus a room stat, I would consider the Drayton Mitime T720R. It is a programmer as well as having a wireless RF room stat.

Thanks - thought as much. I have a boiler and hot water cylinder tank. No thermostatic valves, motorised valves on the boiler set up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back