Replace Shower Tray???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Newbie on here with very little diy experience. I came home this evening to find my shower tray had a crack in it close to the plug hole....i now have a leak from my en suite through to my living room ceiling.

Is replacing a shower tray a simple job? or will I need to get a full new unit?

Sorry - possibly a silly question but any helo would be great

Sponsored Links
You certainly can replace the shower tray Stephen, obviously with a like for like size.

This is reasonably easy to do, and by the same token it can be a pain.

clf-gas said:
You certainly can replace the shower tray Stephen, obviously with a like for like size.

This is reasonably easy to do, and by the same token it can be a pain.[/quote)

much appreciated - any tips??

Sponsored Links
Stating the obvious - if the tiles and metal framed door/whatever are on top of the tray, they'll have to come off, and the new tray prob won't be exactly the same size. And it's likely to be glued somehow to the floor - or maybe not which was why it broke.

See if you can claim on insurance for someone else to do it. It's going to cost you at least a day, plus materials.

Like the man said claim off the insurance and you get a dafty like me sent round .Pain in the butt to replace got to remove screen ,1st trying to take off old silicon then smash old 1 out .New 1 never fits or matches up to tiles ,The drain connection is always a tad awkward what with tiled an laminate floors so you have to build it up on a plinth goes on and on.Better off doing it yourself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How big is the crack ? Got any pics ?
See if you can get it fixed before going tho the expense of a replacement

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back