Replace surface mount NTE5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I've got a surface mounted NTE5 box which I'd like replaced with a flush mounted one.

I believe that legallyonly BT (or is it a qualified person?) can touch the NTE5 but does anyone know if they'll fit a flush mounted box (I'll even put the back box and conduit in so it's a neat job :LOL:) and how much they'll charge.

Also just out of interest what, if any, difference is there between an NT5 and a master telephone socket.

Thanks

Fraser

Sponsored Links
You are correct ;)
But it is such an easy job to disconnect their two incoming wires in the incoming cable from the back of the NTE5 and reconnect them to the new version thaqt it doesn't warrant calling them out if you are already capable of fitting the back box.
Why not future proof the system so that you have filtered braoadband dedicated supplies by using this or similar instead whilst you are doing it?
http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_faceplate.htm
An NT5 has a splittable lower half so that the BT line can be disconnected from the domestic circuits. It is a master socket, but older masters did not have this separable internal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back