Replace T9 tube in bathroom mirror with LED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a bathroom mirror with a T9 round tube.
Tube went a while ago, and just got a replacement, and it still doesn't work.

Sounds like it is very likely that the landlite EB-56 ballast has gone. These aren't made any more, and 40w seems overkill in this day and age anyway.

So I'm looking at replacing just the tube with something like :
https://www.amazon.co.uk/XUNATA-Waterproof-120LEDs-Commercial-Shipping/dp/B07D59L23D/

I'd chop the plug off and connect to the incoming mains into the mirror. The incoming mains was all done by an electrician, and is fused up in the loft.

Would I be best off adding an inline fuse on this product where I connect it, to replace the one that would be in the 3 pin the plug, or just forget about it an allow the fuse in the loft to provide the protection.

Incidentally, the mirror did have a on/off switch, but this was overridden by the electricial and the power to the mirror is off the lighting circuit, so it comes on with the main bathroom light.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It is fused in the loft so you don’t need another.

40 watts in this day and age is no different from 40 watts last year. You may find the LED strip not bright enough.

OK, thats what I thought.
Yes, you may be right, but worth a go as the ballasts are hard to come by apparantly.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back