Replace/Upgrade central heating circulating pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ariston Euro combi A/23 MFFI and am looking to replace my circulating pump which is currently a WILO GOLD 50v with a single speed setting(A 0.38/W 88/RPM 2200) What would be a replacement pump that has a higher speed setting. I have been led to believe PART 996613 is a replacement part for my boiler but have come across this pump with different speed settings and would like to know what the correct pump would be to increase the flow on my system and the meaning of the settings that i mentioned earlier in the post. :)

Sponsored Links
What makes you want to increase the pump speed on your system ? Faster is not always better

The pump does not have enough guts to make all radiators hot. I have had the system flushed twice with sentinal x800. its the pump or the main heat exchanger that neesd changing.

You dont say how many radiators!

Your system needs balancing and/or the pipework sizing correctly.

Your boiler and pump can supply about 17 typical rads!

In any case before making any changes you would be measuring the flow and return temps!

Tony

Sponsored Links
8 rads of which 2 are large rest are med or small. The boiler is still kettling just after firing up. I cleaned the diverter valve pin and spring today. I also took the pump head off and found 3 small stones or rocks in the housing. As yet i do not know what they are. I am soaking them in descaler to see what they are. The system is running again. I need to balance the rads but do not have any kind of thermometer to use. Is there a effective way to do this with out one. Thanks for the response so far.

turn them all off, open up the coldest ones first. then open the ones which are the hottest just a tad, increase in small increments that are still not heating up, do it slowly as its much easier to not have to wait for a rad to cool down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back