Replaceing lead

mst

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,

im going to fit father-in-laws kitchen over the next week and am going to change his main incoming lead pipe.

Im going to rip out and join under the floor at the boundey (as close as possiable) because the lead pipe goes out at a funny angle down a few door steps.

Question is i know im going to use lead loc but ive noticed theres diffrent sorts (9lb etc) but what does the weight side of it mean.

:?: http://www.toolstation.com/search.html?searchstr=lead+to+mdpe&Search=1
Toolstation

also i dont have much confidence with lead-loc but are they easy to use and do they always seal ok?

thanks ;)

Sponsored Links
It'll be 1/2" pipe, with a weight (thickness) either 7lb or 6lb. Search for the dimensions exactly.

Lead-loc's aren't always easy to use.There are other , more expensive but easier fittings available, eg Talbot.
Lead pipe will often be brittle when it's old, especially where it's bent. It crystallises, and the crystal boundaries oxidise within the lead itself, effectively causing "cracks". Water can seep through a whole length as soon as it's moved.

I would only want to work on a straight, unstressed clean part, or replace the lot right back to the pavement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back