plastic pipe MDPE

mst

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im replaceing the lead pipe at father-in-laws house. Am i right in saying its 25mm MDPE pipe thats needed? Ive seen 20mm and 35mm aswell but i thought 25mm was the norm???

Sponsored Links
Depends on the size of the property and to an extent the pressure.

32mm is the norm

... or 25mm or 20mm... what size is after mdpe pipe? No point using 35mm to connect onto 15mm after, is there?

Have to disagree there, it's far better to oversize the pipe now just in case you want to upgrade the pipework at some time in the future

Sponsored Links
i was going to say the lead pipe in there now is around 25mm. so was going to toolstation some new stuff.

And whilst im on this side of the forum, will the water company take away the old lead pipe or can i keep it to sell for beer money? :LOL:

No problem if your pipe turns out to be too large for your need.
Big problem if your pipe is undersized.
Easy decision for the tenner difference.
Bear in mind that your water company has to make the connection to the streetvalve

thanks chaps ;)

back on to the lecy forum now (my normal home) ;)

Got question for you then.

Boiler on dedicated direct feed from cu.
Cable is perfect, connections are perfect.
Unswitched socket is new, box is clean.
Meb perfect, as is the supplementary
No-trip Pfc test with megger 1552 trips the mcb but leaves rcd ok
Rcd tests perfect

??

:?: :?:

thanks chaps ;)

back on to the lecy forum now (my normal home) ;)

In that case lets test your knowledge!

You are asked to rewire a ground floor flat.

You find there are THREE gas supplies in 22 mm copper coming into the flat in the corner ! Two go upstairs inside.

Do you just use a 10 mm earth bond on the one belonging to the flat you are working on or do you bond all three together???

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back