Replacement bath...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our loose shower screen has just recently fallen into the bath, causing an inch wide hole :oops:

Checking my house insurance policy, and there's no accidental damage cover :oops: :oops:

1. Anyone know how I go about finding a cheap-ish replacement?, is B&Q a viable option?, as I need to get a specific colour (not white!).

2. Would a plumber be able to carry out all the necessary work of replacing the bath?

Situated in West Lothian, scotland.

Any help/advice much appreciated!

I know, I know, I should have fixed the shower screen otherwise this wouldn't have happened :(

Sponsored Links
If your bath is fibreglass, you should be able to repair it, however it will be a functional repair rather than a cosmetic one. Go to your local boat builder or chandlers and ask for advice on fibreglass repair. You may even be able to match the gel coat.

Thanks for that, yep I think the bath is fibreglass. I'll investigate, it would certainly be more cost effective than a brand new bath!

Sponsored Links
best bet would be to replace bath with that size of damage plumber could do all only prb should be 2 l shaped brackets on bath which should go under tiles to support bath might meen damaging tiles
not just saying replace because im west lothian plumber honest!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back