Replacement Bathroom Extractor Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a very old (1970s) bathroom extractor fan which now fails to extract any air from my very humid (windowsless) bathroom
Managed to prise it off the wall and there's a diagram containing a statement "Double Pole Switched and Fused Connection unit" and a terminal block showing "L N T" The fan is activated when the light pullcord is pulled and switches off about 5 mins after the light is switched off. The fan extracts directly into the cavity wall (no pipe at the other end!)
I need to buy a fairly powerful replacement unit and was looking at the
Expelair Premier Range CF20 are here

Any idea which of these would 4 models be suitable (if any) - can I buy any fan and it will work or will only certain fans work with certain setups i.e. my pullcord. Ideally a humidity sensing one would be best but will this work if the light is switched off? How does that work?
Any advise would be much appreciated!
:)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back