Replacement battery for Bosch drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
i have a Bosch GSR 14.4-2 professional series drill/driver.
Had it about 3 years, came with 2 x 1.5mAh ni-cad batteries. They've lost quite a lot of their umph now but seeing as its a really good drill still im wondering whether i can buy a new battery for it that's maybe more powerful, ie 2.0mAh. Or even a li-ion drill as some drills will take both types.
I'm awaiting replies from emails i've sent to a few etailers, but wondered what you guys think?

Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks big-all,
i got a reply from one place who have a ni-mh 2.0mAh battery which will fit my drill. I just need to check if my existing charger will work for the ni-mh battery, if so, then that sounds like a decent upgrade over ni-cad for an extra £15.

A new li-ion battery would cost me well over £100, so a <£50 upgrade option seems the better option sas i'm not a tradesman who uses it daily.

Am i right in assuming that the high the mAh rating the longer the battery will last between charges?
It doesn't make it more powerful than a lower mAh battery does it? Unless you move from ni-cad to ni-mh or li-ion?

Like having bigger fuel tank in your car, doesn't make the car more powerful, just longer between refuels?

Sponsored Links
volts = the car engine amps = the fuel tank

if your talking about re-cell batteries with li-ions then i personally dont like the idea because li-ions need different charging routine

if its a different battery it wont fit the charger or tool

yes you can upgrade to larger ah batteries as they do batteries above 2 ah so the charger will cope

So, if i were to buy a new 1.5mAh ni-mh battery (as long it my charger will work with it) it should be quite an improvment over my 3 year old 1.5mAh nicad ones, because;
1. its new
2. from what i've read will be more powerful as ni-mh is better technology and not suffer so badly from the memory effect?

So, if i were to buy a new 1.5mAh ni-mh battery (as long it my charger will work with it) it should be quite an improvment over my 3 year old 1.5mAh nicad ones, because;
1. its new
2. from what i've read will be more powerful as ni-mh is better technology and not suffer so badly from the memory effect?

if in doubt read the charger or google the charger then it will tell you in the specs
http://www.toolstop.co.uk/bosch-al-1450-dv-7.2-14.4v-battery-charger-p13140

as far as i know nmh have no memory effect so can be charged at any time
some one will correct me if i am wrong ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back