Replacement Bifold Cabinet hinges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I did have a good google and a search on here - but still confused!

I have a "bifold" corner cabinet, the door of which my teenage son thought was a good thing to use to support lean on as he bent down to get something out of the cupboard - and snap went the connecting hinge!

So need to fix this up before the masses descend for Christmas. The units are "Jonelle" (John Lewis I think) but old. They have what looks like pretty standard 35mm holes. And I thought that I needed a 135 degree hinge, but then I see some bifold hinges are 60 degree (but look pretty similar to 135 degree).

The ex hinge seems very well made (cast components) and has concealing plates - and would like to replace with similar quality if possible.

Just hoping someone can explain the 60/135 confusion and recommend a premium brand for a replacement. Be great if no re drilling required.

Many thanks

Ben
IMG_3926.JPG
IMG_3925.JPG

Fully "open"
IMG_3924.JPG

Fully "closed"
IMG_3923.JPG
IMG_3922.JPG
IMG_3921.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3927.JPG
    IMG_3927.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 170
Sponsored Links
Search for 'Hafele' and a local stockist, not the barns but a trade supplier. Take both the hinges off the door to them and ask what they supply to replace your broken hinge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back