Replacement BT Master Socket Cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Got an interesting one for you, hoping you can help, I could really do with getting the cable replaced that runs from the junction box at the bottom of my block of flats, it currently has two interior junction boxes on it connecting different bits of cable together. I did have a few problems a few months back with knackered cable, the engineer that arrived just swapped out the small bit that had rubbed on my gutter.

I'd rather swap the whole section out for a single bit of cable and run it properly, the guy who repaired it just re-ran it and it is still snagging on the gutter in the wind !!

What sort of cable do I need to get hold of to re run it with the least chance of anyone noticing.

I also need to re-connect the new cable in the junction box downstairs, I believe the BT guys call them jellies or something like that. How do I crimp them ? It looked like the guy was just using pliers.

Where can I get small quantities of these jellies ??

I know you are not supposed to touch the cable, but I'm fed up of having engineers around that don't seem to care about running the cable the proper way to avoid the sharp guttering !!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Any exterior grade phone cable should do, BT have used so many cable types over the years that it is unlikely they will notice. Something like http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In..._External/index.html#Telephone_Cable_External

For small quantities of "jellies" ebay is probablly the easiest source, to use them you insert the wires and then squeeze them shut, there are special tools for doing this but afaict you don't really need them.

Lovely cheers for the help, ordered some, will let you guys know how it goes !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back