Replacement combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am looking at getting my boiler replaced in a house I rent out. t is a small new build 2 up 2 down. It already has a combi in now. Looking for a good reliable boiler medium range. Was thinking of a Baxi or a Main. Anyone recommend any other what are good and reliable. Bearing in mind its for a renter.

Looking at this, do not think will get cheaper with a 7 year warranty.

http://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/produc...-flue-with-adey-filter-and-chemical-pack-erp/

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I'm too thinking of replacing mine with a main 30kw one but no one here has made any comments on it, i just googled and teh basic gist is they are all made by Baxi Group and are worth the money despite ugly looking.

Common problem are easily sorted but a good installation is a must by an accredited installer.

I'm too thinking of replacing mine with a main 30kw one but no one here has made any comments on it, i just googled and teh basic gist is they are all made by Baxi Group and are worth the money despite ugly looking.

Common problem are easily sorted but a good installation is a must by an accredited installer.
How much you paying for main ?

Just looking, but prices are for a straight swap, between £1.1k to £1.5k

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
My son specced a Main 24HE for his rental property quite a few years back. It was one of the models that had been bodged into becoming a condenser rather than an all new design. I bit my tongue when he suggested it, it was about £450 complete with integral timer and flue.

However, some 6 or so years down the line, it is still going strong, with only 2 fan air pressure switches going wrong - a cheap part to replace. With you guys, I'm going to bite my tongue again.

But, like my son, you'll probably have the last laugh.

standard 2 years, but you can get 7 years with an accredited installer.

Does this not suggest that the average ( ie not accredited by manufacturer ) RGI is considered by the manufacturer to be likely to install the boiler in a manner that will shorten the life expectancy of the boiler.

Manufacturers not trusting RGIOs to do a good job could be seen as suggesting there may be shortcomings in system

My son specced a Main 24HE for his rental property quite a few years back. It was one of the models that had been bodged into becoming a condenser rather than an all new design. I bit my tongue when he suggested it, it was about £450 complete with integral timer and flue.

However, some 6 or so years down the line, it is still going strong, with only 2 fan air pressure switches going wrong - a cheap part to replace. With you guys, I'm going to bite my tongue again.

But, like my son, you'll probably have the last laugh.

APS, common problem, loads of vidoes on youtube.

Does this not suggest that the average ( ie not accredited by manufacturer ) RGI is considered by the manufacturer to be likely to install the boiler in a manner that will shorten the life expectancy of the boiler.

Manufacturers not trusting RGIOs to do a good job could be seen as suggesting there may be shortcomings in system

I don't have an answer, but accredited installers need to go by the book.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back