Replacement Electric Motor Brushes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a GardenLine Electric Pole Hedge Trimmer, Had it a few years but was still operating well, until it just stopped.
After stripping it down, the problem became clear, it was a simple remedy and required to replace the Commutator brushes, Whats your problem I hear coming back.
This unit was bought from ALDI, it is supplied by a a German Company and manufactured in China (Who would believe it?)
Tried the telephone numbers provided in the Manual, no response from any one, Tried good old ALDI, who gave me the the same numbers and web sites I had already tried and showed no interest what so ever in resolving my need to buy new brushes. Eventually I found a German web site with the very things I wanted, so dropped them in my Basket and proceed to check out, When I tried to enter my address they needed not surprisingly my Country. It was then I hit a wall as they would not allow the UK to be input . Presumably another Brexit issue.
So my request for Help is can anyone advise where I could buy suitable Motor Brushes to fix my Hedge Trimmer.

Sponsored Links
As above, generic from eBay, measure width and depth and estimate length (something like depth of holder less 5mm), check the spring and contact arrangement looks similar. I bought 10 for my drill for about £3.

Buy a set of brushes that are larger than necessary and file them down to fit.

Messy but can save a lot of money.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your input everybody
I finally made contact with the UK company marketing the Hedge Trimmer and have ordered replacement brushes from them. All the cheap brushes on eBay and Amazon were sourced in China (Now theres a surprise) with a 4-6 week delivery time. I need the brushes quickly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back