Replacement flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
New to the forum. Looking into getting my flat roof replaced [approx 10 by 8 foot] - no friends could recommend a reputable roofer so after searching net came across a few sites where they get in touch with tradesmen for quotes on the job you want done [thought this may be a good idea as customers can rate the work after completion] - first quote came back quite quickly - £2400 :eek: - this includes reboarding[my initial thought is that he's using gold]. Hoping this is just someone trying there luck as I was expecting something along the lines of 7 too 8 hundred or am i been unrealistic?
Also, has anyone tried any alternatives to typical felt roof as I'm not adverse to trying something else, if so what are your thoughts on other types of flat roofs and for a one of my size what would the approx cost be from your experience?
Thanks for your thoughts and time.

Sponsored Links
unless the 10' x 8' roof is on the top of a 200' tower then £2400 seems high end.

get more quotes.

Just checked and found a much more reasonable offer:
"£750 for this price we will strip all felt off strip all existing roof boards replace boards with pressure treated smart ply apply marley underfelt then apply grade1 marley topfelt then apply aquaseal rubberoid bitchumen done this way we will be to offer a life time guarantee with this roof"
I'll wait a couple of days for further offers but above sounds ok to me , but I'm a total novice when it comes to roofing.

Sponsored Links
To strip, remove all felt, and replace with 3 layers, 3B felt, green mineral felt to edges, and grit off

ABOUT £250 Without seeing, but no way over £300

WITH NEW PLY BOARDS ADD "£ 200

2 MEN HALF A DAY, AND I HAVE DONE 1000S

Its only *£80 in matreials, 3B felt, and 1E min, grit etc bitumen

Last 10 plus yrs

life time guarantee, no such thing, they go out of buiness all the time!

Just checked and found a much more reasonable offer:
"£750 for this price we will strip all felt off strip all existing roof boards replace boards with pressure treated smart ply apply marley underfelt then apply grade1 marley topfelt then apply aquaseal rubberoid **** done this way we will be to offer a life time guarantee with this roof"
I'll wait a couple of days for further offers but above sounds ok to me , but I'm a total novice when it comes to roofing.
You could try a single ply system, firestone E.P.D.M. rubber comes with a guarantee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back