Leaking Flat Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I have a flat roof over the kitchen of my house which ajoins my neighbours house. As it was leaking, and after several unsucessful repairs, I decided to replace the roof with 3 layer felt. The neighbours did not want their roof replaced as they thought it was fine (even thought the roofer told them it was rotten). The problem is now, 18 months later, there is a damp patch appeared in the kitchen ceiling next to the adjoining wall again. The roofer has since retired but out of goodwill came back to look at it and can't find any leaks on my side - he reckons it is the neighbours roof seeping water along the chipboard on to my ceiling. The neighbours aren't really taking to me now but I still need to get the leak repaired. Where do I go from here? My insurance company haven't been much help. How can I prove that it is their roof causing the problems? HELP!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back