Leaking Flat Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a flat roofing system over my garage and dining room. Recently my neighbour (who's garage shares the same roof) has had some repairs done to his side of the roof.

Since the repairs I have a leak coming into my garage at the point where the two garages join - it wasn't leaking before the repairs my neighbour had carried out.

I know that I can get his roofers back in but I don't want to create a fuss with the neighbour so I would like to fix this problem myself.

The main problem I have is finding where the leak is coming from. I can see no damage to the roofing felt and I have painted the area above the leak with rubberized roofing paint to seal any small unseen holes but it is still damp.

Does anyone know of any products that could indicate the source of the leak? I not even sure if there are any on the market but you never know.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Sponsored Links
How old is this felt? As your neighbour has been having repairs done and you too have a leak it tells me that this felt is past its best?

Patching is difficult if you don't know where the leak is. Any dampness inside may be nowhere near the actual leak in the felt as the water tracks along under the felt to the next suitable gap in the roof deck, runs along the fibreglass, along a joist, along the plasterboard then into the ceiling! It could be 3 metres away an almost any direction!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back