Replacement for a Keston C25

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a C25 for around 6 years, the first four were a nightmare despite regular servicing and Keston coming to make adjustments because of a "glitch". While, touch wood, the boiler has been behaving itself over the last couple of years, I have absolutely no confidence in it and the inside looks so knackered I feel the only way forward is to cut my losses (far too much has been spent on such a new boiler) and replace it. Trouble is, it is located on the top floor but the flues have to travel vertically for around 20ft before exiting through the pitched roof. What else is out there that is more reliable and will work in that position? I cannot really reposition without a major refit that I can't take on board right now.

any advice extremely welcome.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply

There are 3 floors plus attic, good cold water pressure (we changed the water supply pipes to the house at installation to 25mm??) and a Keston Spa unvented 200l cylinder.

Sponsored Links
Look at a the Broag Avantapluc 25kW system boiler. It is well priced and has integral weather compensation control. Get the outside temp sensor and use the weather compensation.
http://www.tradingdepot.co.uk/DEF/c.../Central Heating Boilers/Broag Remeha Boilers

Look at the control options:
http://www.avantaplus.com/docs/Issue 5 -Avanta Schematics Booklet.pdf

Now. the Avantaplus system boiler is a "Dual Temperature" boiler. There are few others around like this but not many. High boiler temperature to re-heat DHW ASAP and when DHW is hot enough resorts to low temperature weather compensation giving great economy. An external 3-way "diverter" valve is controlled by the boiler for this. The cylinder stat is wired into to the boiler too. Simple.

Have you considered splitting up the house into heating zones with separate time clocks say for each floor?

Trouble is, it is located on the top floor but the flues have to travel vertically for around 20ft before exiting through the pitched roof.
any advice extremely welcome.

Another person who has found out that the C25 is junk!

I'm somewhat with Dr Drivel in that the Broag will be a good technical choice. However I don't know what their UK support/installer base is like which is going to be important. Atag boilers are almost identical down to the features he has listed off. Also if you must have a 20ft length of flue, Atag do a flexible pipe type flue. If you google them you will find their UK office for more info. A few of the guys on this forum install Atag and will concur that they are an excellent unit.

I have had a C25 for around 6 years, the first four were a nightmare despite regular servicing and Keston coming to make adjustments because of a "glitch".

Did you ever get an explanation what the'glitch' was?
What repairs have you had done to it, out of interest?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back