Replacement for Randall 3060 ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
.. looking for advise on a relatively straight forward replacement for a now defunct Randall 3060 - i'm looking at the Honeywell ST9100C.

http://www.honeywelluk.com/product.aspx?r=tco&p=2452

Although there are some cosmetic factors is there any stand-out technical reasons why this won't work?

* Also, is there any benefit in updating to a Digi Thermostat?

Tnx

Sponsored Links
the danfoss randall 3060 is still available. The biggest problem with replacing it is that the lower part of the housing is usually used as a junction box, so when a modern progg is fitted you need a new unsightly wiring box below it, unless you re arrange the wiring.

is system is gravity hw, or fully pumped [will have 2 motorized valves] ?

Sponsored Links
is system is gravity hw, or fully pumped

[will have 2 motorized valves]

Make your mind up, also look up 3 port and 2 port valves, look up indirect and direct cylinders also. In fact do a course in plumbing and heating.

.. or alternatively call a helpful Heating supplier (such as Ashford Heating) and get confirmation that my original choice (the honeywell ST9100C) should work fine ... nice and easy ;)

if your 3060 has a single 5 core running to it, replacement is easy. If there is a mass of wiring in the 3060 you nee d an ordinary 10 way junction box. take cover off and see. Also, 3060 has no hw off, bamber. If you know what that means :D

if your 3060 has a single 5 core running to it, replacement is easy. If there is a mass of wiring in the 3060 you nee d an ordinary 10 way junction box. take cover off and see. Also, 3060 has no hw off, bamber. If you know what that means :D

One for one swap, easy, :rolleyes: ;)

Bambergaspipe";p="1096299 said:

One for one swap, easy, :rolleyes: ;)

Programmers are normally universal. ;)

bamber having no hw off terminal means that it cannot be used with mid position 3 port valve. which is why i only mentioned 2 port valves when trying to help the poster. It could be an easy job, but it could also be more involved, had you sufficient experience, you would appreciate what i mean. stick to bus driving.

Guys

Having visited the store i opted for the ST9400C, which i've now fitted but can't get the heating to kick-in - any idea's, as the hot water's working fine?

There's a rogue Neutral previously in terminal 1 (see http://randall.danfoss.com/PCMPDF/3020P 3060.pdf ) which i've now coupled together with Neutral's from terminal 7 ... could this be the issue?

* The heating is pump and the water is gravity.

Are you 100% sure it is a rogue neutral? How do you know? Don't just go by colour ;)

Probably the neutral from the pump so yes perfectly ok to tie up

maybe the wrong terminology :confused:

I've now found the yellow and brown wires connected to terminal 5 had no internal connection to the 3060 - terminal 3 & 5 are blank (just taken the back off the device) ... the yellow as far as i can determine is feeding from the Thermostat, and the brown must be for the pump live?

Any idea where the above should sit in the ST9400C - http://www.honeywelluk.com/pdfdownload.aspx?id=853 ?

If yellow is coming back from room stat the brown its connected to will be pump live

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back