Replacement immersion heater for unvented cylinder (Ed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m looking for a replacement side immersion heater for an unvented cylinder. It’s the smaller threaded one (1 3/4 I believe) but the nut is around the same.
All the ones I have found with that thread size the same size nut size as a standard size
If I’m making any sense …..
Anyone have a link

Attachments

• IMG_4681.jpeg
    IMG_4681.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 29
Sponsored Links
Plenty out there but you should be aware that you need to be G3 qualified & registered to carry out this work

You need a G3 registered engineer to fit a factory replacement and test the cylinder.

I am G3 I’ve just never replaced one this size and can not find a replacement.
A normal 1 3/4 does not fit because the brass nut section hits the plastic housing on the cylinder that the immersion is in.

Attachments

• IMG_4897.jpeg
    IMG_4897.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4683.jpeg
    IMG_4683.jpeg
    274.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4681.jpeg
    IMG_4681.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 44
Sponsored Links
Big beast that - great cylinder - Just match the cylinder type to the element it needs, according to the MI, the Delta uses an Incaloy 3 - 71242, even then though and when all else fails and as suggested then always confirm with OSO, they usually have great cust service

TBH though, if you were qualified then you shouldn't really need to be coming onto a DIY forum to find that out. This should be bread and butter stuff for a professional. Please if you're not HWSS qualified then get someone who is to do the work and service the unit while they're at it.

Big beast that - great cylinder - Just match the cylinder type to the element it needs, according to the MI, the Delta uses an Incaloy 3 - 71242, even then though and when all else fails and as suggested then always confirm with OSO, they usually have great cust service

TBH though, if you were qualified then you shouldn't really need to be coming onto a DIY forum to find that out. This should be bread and butter stuff for a professional. Please if you're not HWSS qualified then get someone who is to do the work and service the unit while they're at it.
Seriously fella, have a day off.
They are a unique size and I can’t find it so I’ve asked here.
I’ve now asked in the combustion chamber where the comments are not all people trying to flex their muscles about being qualified.

It’s so “bread and butter” that no one has been able to give me a answer.

Seriously fella, have a day off.
They are a unique size and I can’t find it so I’ve asked here.
I’ve now asked in the combustion chamber where the comments are not all people trying to flex their muscles about being qualified.

It’s so “bread and butter” that no one has been able to give me a answer.
I'm sorry if you don't like the reply but don't be surprised when the answer wasn't that difficult to find. That cylinder's MI was found on OSO's website and it had the part number within it. That would then suggest that it could have been be a DIY'ers request hence the reply. There are lots of posters in here that are DIY'ers just saying they're qualified, happens all the time. Given it's for a regulated item then there would always be a reservation around advice given and always recommend that a qualified resource should be used if it was suspected it wasn't a trade .

When replying in the open plumbing forum then it's not about 'taking a day off', nor 'flexing muscles' about being qualified. It's about offering advice - or when not to - to some that may not be qualified to use it. Hadn't even been into the CC today so hadn't seen the other post.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if you don't like the reply but don't be surprised when the answer wasn't that difficult to find. That cylinder's MI was found on OSO's website and it had the part number within it. That would then suggest that it could have been be a DIY'ers request hence the reply. There are lots of posters in here that are DIY'ers just saying they're qualified, happens all the time. Given it's for a regulated item then there would always be a reservation around advice given and always recommend that a qualified resource should be used if it was suspected it wasn't a trade .

When replying in the open plumbing forum then it's not about 'taking a day off', nor 'flexing muscles' about being qualified. It's about offering advice - or when not to - to some that may not be qualified to use it. Hadn't even been into the CC today so hadn't seen the other post.
Has the answer been found then?
I must have missed it

According to the data plate the cylinder is a Delta PowerC F1 - DCF380

As per the MI Pg3 - It states it uses the side entry smaller element - 71242, as suggested earlier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back