Replacement mixer shower with 60mm pipe centres

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey folks,

As the title says, I need to replace a a mixer shower that has packed up.
I have no idea of the make or model as there are no markings whatsoever.

Uploaded a couple of photos, if anybody has any ideas.

What I can say, is that it's has 60mm centres on the hot and cold inlet, it's gravity fed and I'm assuming it's thermostatic.

The pipework has been chased into solid walls, therefore i'm looking for a replacement with 60mm centres, as I really don't want the hassle of pulling tiles off and altering the existing pipework.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
You won't find a mixer valve with 60mm centres they are all around 150mm now days.
The only option i can think of is to fit a power shower with centres that close but will need a 3 amp fused spur cable supply to the shower.

You won't find a mixer valve with 60mm centres they are all around 150mm now days.
The only option i can think of is to fit a power shower with centres that close but will need a 3 amp fused spur cable supply to the shower.

Tell me about it! I know 150mm is pretty much standard these days, just wondered if anybody knew an obscure manufacturer who still made them with 60mm centre.

I did consider a power shower, but subsequently thought I may run into difficulties as I'm not Part P registered, technically I'd have to get permission as it's a new curcuit(?) and it's going into a rental property.

Sponsored Links
Yes but there is still part of the shower that joins the supply pipes to the shower that has to be installed in the wall.
It don't just fit onto the 2 pipes coming out the wall.

Yes but there is still part of the shower that joins the supply pipes to the shower that has to be installed in the wall.
It don't just fit onto the 2 pipes coming out the wall.

True, but i was thinking of doing away with the supplied fixing bracket, slapping on a couple of 15mm x 3/4" Male Iron's onto the protruding 15mm inlet pipes, and hiding all the nasies behing the fascia plate.

Not the prettiest, but assumed it's feasible?

Yes ok but to hide the fitting behind a flush fascia plate How you going to do the 15mm nut up on the fitting to the pipe, It'll be sunk in the wall a good 1".

I could be wrong, but that looks like the kind of abortion Nu-Line would make (sold through Dolphin Bathrooms)?

Its is getting late though. Brain is shutting down.

Do the pipes drop down the wall to the shower ?? from above ?? if so the aqualisa Quartz range may ??? be an option as it uses the sliding rail for the supply ?????

Have you checked that the pipework is definately gravity for hot and cold?

The last one of the those i worked on works on the venturi principle so the pipework you have is unbalanced supplies, the cold will be mains which pulls the hot gravity through giving a pretty deecent shower.

Therefore any mixer valve as a replacement will result in altering all the pipework anyway.....

Not sure if they did a gravity hot and cold version as well, but worth checking your pipework at this stage just incase

Hey folks,

As the title says, I need to replace a a mixer shower that has packed up.
I have no idea of the make or model as there are no markings whatsoever.

Uploaded a couple of photos, if anybody has any ideas.

What I can say, is that it's has 60mm centres on the hot and cold inlet, it's gravity fed and I'm assuming it's thermostatic.

The pipework has been chased into solid walls, therefore i'm looking for a replacement with 60mm centres, as I really don't want the hassle of pulling tiles off and altering the existing pipework.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

13 years on I know I'm clutching at straws here :')
I have this exact mixing device, have had it for years, generally its been pretty good but recently it isn't drawing enough hot through with any combo of shower head & hose. With the head off there is a good draw of hot.
As @Redhotferrari said, the cold is on mains and the device uses the Venturi effect to draw hot water from the tank in the loft.

Did you (OP) ever find a solution for this? I'm also stuck with 60mm pipe-centres so not sure where to go with this.

These venturi showers (mains cold, gravity hot) are well obsolete.

Some major replumbing required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back